K-12 Tuition Assistance
The Learning Lamp offers tuition assistance to K-12 students attending private schools through Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program. As an Opportunity Scholarship and Scholarship Organization we accept tax credit donations from businesses, and use those donations to fund tuition assistance for area families.
These are not full scholarships, but will help your family to afford private school. Award amounts depend on the amount of donations we receive each year. Applicants living in The Learning Lamp’s primary service area of Cambria, Somerset and Bedford counties receive first consideration. Funding must be applied for each year and is not guaranteed from year to year.
Students who live in the tri-county area are eligible to receive a partial tuition assistance if their household’s annual income is less than than $96,676 plus $17,017 for each dependent member of the household, as determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Tuition assistance awards are made in late July until the funds are gone. Families who receive tuition assistance must complete ten (10) hours of volunteer service to The Learning Lamp during the school year. If you do not fulfill this requirement, you are not eligible to apply for tuition assistance the following year. Time is tracked and monitored.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for K-12 tuition assistance will only be accepted from June 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022.
To apply for K-12 tuition assistance for the 2022-23 school year, download the application, or stop in our main office located at 2025 Bedford Street in Johnstown to pick up a paper copy. Applications will be accepted from June 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022 only. Applications will not be considered if submitted outside of the June 1 – 30, 2022 collection time.
When applying for tuition assistance:
- The application MUST be completed in full and submitted with your 2021 tax return. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All items must be submitted at the same time.
- Please print legible.
- Your child MUST be enrolled in the school that you are seeking tuition assistance for.
- Applications are accepted June 1-30, 2022 only. Applications submitted outside of this time period will not be considered.
- Return completed applications to: The Learning Lamp, Attn: Kerri Belardi, 2025 Bedford St., Johnstown, PA 15904. They may be mailed or dropped off in person.
- If awarded tuition assistance for the 2022-23 school year, you will receive a letter in the mail in late July.
- All applicants receiving tuition assistance from The Learning Lamp are required to complete 10 hours of volunteer services with our organization. If you do not fulfill this requirement, you are not eligible to apply for assistance the following year. Time is tracked and monitored.